top of page


The First team faced a strong Kesgrave side at Twelve Acre Approach in an eagerly anticipated clash between two sides in the top four.

The 30 away supporters saw us make a fast start on a bumpy pitch, creating the early chances. Joe Moore (sponsored by Xtra Time Sports Development) had a shot deflected to Joe Murphy whose snap shot was pushed wide by the keeper. This was followed by a shot by Will Stebbings (sponsored by R&R Carpentry) which was also saved at the near post.

We continued to press, and Charlie Felton (sponsored by The Kings Head Yoxford) headed wide at the far post.

We then had some fortune when the referee disallowed a Kesgrave goal from a corner due to a push.

Having survived a scare we continued to search for the opening goal and Ryan Everington came close when he clipped the ball over the keeper, but unfortunately also the bar, after doing well to control the ball and beat his man.

Finally our pressure was rewarded when on 36 minutes Dale Pearse (sponsored by M&R Cars) volleyed in from a Joe Moore corner.

However 5 minutes later Kesgrave drew level, also from a corner, as the ball dropped to their striker straight in front of goal.

Half time 1-1, a very competitive half and it was clear that the next goal would be key.

Kesgrave had the first chance of the second half putting a header over the bar. We then went down the other end and a Joe Murphy run and cross was narrowly missed at the back post by Joe Moore.

We took the lead again 15 minutes into the half when, after a great passing move, Ryan picked up the ball, running at a retreating defence and fired a shot over the keeper.

The game then became a midfield battle, broken up by several fouls. With about 20 minutes to go we were awarded a penalty as Will Stebbings was pushed when attempting to header a cross. Joe Moore stepped up and struck the penalty past the keeper's despairing dive.

Kesgrave now looked like a beaten team as we continued to push for more goals, and Ryan came closest when he fired over the bar.

The game ended 3-1 and the players, coaches and supporters celebrated an excellent performance which cements our place in the top two.

Next week sees the First team travel to Claydon Reserves, whilst the Reserves host Stowupland Falcons A.


bottom of page