top of page


Having been away for the weekend, and therefore missing the match, I was grateful to receive this match report from a fellow committee member.

The First team made the trip to Trimley Sports and Social Club to play high flying Kirton, a venue that has given the team mixed fortunes over the past years and this proved to be no different.


We settled well in the early stages, playing some good football with everyone involved in positive play, but just missing the final ball and shot.

Then, after 20 minutes, Kirton had a free kick that was put into our box, and our young keeper Will Driver (sponsored by D&M Driver Suffolk Ltd) came out to punch the ball away but unfortunately got a bad connection and it slid into our net.


This shook our boys and rallied Kirton into more aggressive defensive play. This aggression saw a terrible tackle on Joe Murphy for which the Kirton player was lucky to escape with just a booking. Five minutes later saw a fairly ugly scene involving around seven players, due to another rash defensive tackle. Half time came and helped calm everything down for both teams, but we went in losing 1-0.

Second half saw Kirton using the long ball well with willing runners. This tactic saw them place a through ball which they finished well to make it 2-0. Another five minutes later it was 3-0 with Dale Pearse (sponsored by M&R Cars) unfortunately caught with the ball on the edge of our box and the Kirton player doing well to push the ball away and score from the angle.

Changes were made by Matt with about 20 minutes to go and these really made an impact. Eddie Hadley (sponsored by M&R Cars), our young 16 year old, was flying down the wing and causing trouble, whilst Joe Miller added strength to the midfield, and Jermaine Haynes jinking around their defence caused problems.

Joe Moore (sponsored by Xtra Time Sports Development) then got us back in the game with a good goal, and we really had the bit between our teeth again. Five minutes later Jermaine wriggled his way around the central defenders to score and reduce the deficit to 3-2.

Unfortunately we ran out of time to get a deserved equalizer and the game ended in a 3-2 defeat. This is our first defeat of the season but it was a spirited comeback from the team with positives to be gained from this going forward.

Thanks to the bar staff at Trimley Sports and Social Club for their post match hospitality which was much appreciated.

The Reserves faced Mendlesham at Carlton Park and also went down 3-2. Our goals were scored by Lewis Phelps and an Olly Seymour penalty.

Next week sees the First team travelling back to Elmswell, this time in the Cup, and the Reserves entertain Elmswell Reserves in the league.


bottom of page