top of page


The First team made the long trip to Rattlesden to take on Stonham Aspal in the last match of the season. With promotion secured the pressure was off but we still wanted to ensure we ended the season with a positive performance and score line.

We threatened from the start and took the lead within the first 5 minutes with Joe Moore (sponsored by Xtra Time Sports Development) finishing off a good move. Further chances came and went through Kyle Horner and Will Stebbings (sponsored by R&R Carpentry), and Stonham did create a couple of half chances of their own.

On 20 minutes we doubled our lead with a smart finish by Kyle Messenger (sponsored by Ensors Accountants LLP) from a Joe Moore cut back, and three minutes later the game was effectively won when a great tackle by Joe Murphy saw the ball fall to Joe Moore who slotted home.

We promptly made wholesale changes bringing on all five players from the bench and continued to press for more goals. On the 40th minute we got our fourth when a speculative shot by Dan Blowers (sponsored by CDC Blowers Ltd) was fumbled by the keeper and squirmed into the goal. HT 4-0.

More changes were made at half time as manager Matt Murphy wanted to give everyone plenty of game time in this final match. The match followed the same pattern as we continued to press, creating more chances, most notably through Rob Stephenson (sponsored by Jeffery & Associates) and Aaron Church (sponsored by SD Blowers Agriculture). We still had to be on our guard at the back and a good save by Chris Moss retained our clean sheet.

We had to wait until the 75th minute for the fifth goal through a calm finish by Kyle Messenger from a Joe Moore ball.

Kyle Horner had a couple of half chances coming in from the right hand side, and on 85 minutes Joe Moore completed his hat trick by slamming his shot into the top of the net.

On 89 minutes a cross by Aaron Church was met by Isaac Page (sponsored by C Page Motors) at the back post, but from the tight angle his shot hit the outside of the post.

There was still time for seventh and final goal as Charlie Felton (sponsored by The Kings Head Yoxford) was brought down for a penalty, which Charlie himself slotted home to make the final score 7-0, and complete another dominating performance with everyone contributing.

We all made our way back to our Clubhouse for a promotion party which went long into the night showing the togetherness of this group of players, management team, committee and supporters.

As this is my last report of the season I would like to mention and give thanks to Dean Murphy for running the line, Jan Mann for running the bar, Caroline Horner for providing match day refreshments, Val Bunning and Vici Hadfield for washing the kits, Ronnie Hostler for his bus stops, all committee members for their hard work and dedication, and also the fantastic number of supporters who follow the team home and away each week.

Finally, many congratulations to Matt Murphy, Stephen Balls, Niki Jarvis and all the players for a fantastic season resulting in promotion to Division 1.

Next Saturday (13th May) we hold our annual Fun Day with youth matches in the morning and adult matches after lunch. The bar will be open throughout, and the BBQ will be fired up. Please do come along to support the Club and enjoy this end of season finale.

This only leaves me to sign off the season with UP THE SAX⚽️🎷


bottom of page